We are evangelical Christians and our beliefs are formed and shaped by what the Bible teaches.
We believe that:
- The Bible is God’s Word. What the Bible says, God says.
- There is only one God and he is in charge of his world. He exists in 3 persons: God the Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
- We have all rejected God’s rule by doing things our own way. We all rebel against him in lots of different ways. This attitude is what the Bible calls ‘sin’.
- God will not let our rebellion carry on forever. His punishment is death and judgement.
- Because of his great love, God sent his Son into the world: the man Jesus Christ.
- Jesus always lived under God’s rule.
- By dying in our place on the Cross, he took our punishment and brought forgiveness.
- God raised Jesus to life again as the ruler of the world.
- One day Jesus will return to judge the world and call each one of us to account.
- Our sins can be forgiven through Jesus’ death and we can make a fresh start with God.
- In this new life, God himself comes to live within us by his Spirit.
- If we reject God as our ruler and try to run life our way, we will face the terrible prospect of an eternity of separation from him. This is what the Bible calls ‘hell’.
- If we submit to Jesus as our ruler, and trust in his death and resurrection, we are forgiven by God and given eternal life. This life begins now and continues in the new creation.